View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #13
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarateMonkey View Post
I can't say that I've ever read any John Ringo books, but after reading Oh John Ringo no I don't know if I can. Although, to be honest, I did download the Paladin of Shadows series from one of the other disks to skim for a laugh.
Brilliant I have a similar reaction to Ringo and Baen overall (I love their distribution model) it all seems very misogynistic and Boy's Own when you look at their catalogue. Things exploding, flashy swords, cartoonish women with ridiculous busoms. I don't know if its a nostalgia thing or not (haven't read enough of the actual books) but its very off-putting. Ringo, in particular though, is highly repugnant.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote