View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #10
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I believe (although I haven't tried it) that you could stop the user from paging forward from one "topic" to the next by NOT having those files listed in the "spine".
That would make the ePub invalid. The spec says that all HTML files must be listed in the spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Theoretically, a linear="no" spine entry attribute should prevent pages from being displayed when paging through a book, but, AFAIK, only iBooks and some other epub 3 reading systems actually observe this attribute.
And Calibre, if I remember correctly. That's a pity, because it would be a very useful attribute for endnotes, especially when they are at the end of each chapter.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote