View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
1. I used Paragon Partition Manager 11 on Windows XP running in VirtualBox virtual machine. There 3 things to know - do not touch partitions at the beginning (recovery, uboot, e,t,c), you need enough free space on your READER partition and you have to work one partition at a time starting from the biggest one and making sure operation is committed before doing next one (tool allows you to commit multiple operations in sequence or batch mode - do not use it!)

All necessary partitions (but /system) could be done "in-place" with all data intact in about 5 minutes. If you want to change /system (which is not necessary) - it is ext4 - and tool (despite what is declared) cannot handle it properly, so you have to use tar to save data, delete and create partition and restore.

2. Yes - you have to be in recovery mode with my backup and recovery SD card

3. Yes - you reduce READER partition and than move and enlarge next one e.t. c. There is one additional step - enlarging "extended" partition to which (if my memory does not fail me) data and system are children. Unfortunately I did it some time ago and do not remember all the details - but it was not difficult.

4. I did backup first and had to recover once in the middle of procedure because I was trying to do something tool was not capable of doing. So do backup - it takes several minutes and is easy.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote