View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #11
louisvd
louisvd began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
So the only issue left is your 16GB SDHC card not formatting to FAT32 in your Notebook,
is that correct?

Using your Jetbook as a USB SD media reader/writer for your home PC makes little sense
when you can get a good USB 2.0 SD media reader/writer for your PC (OS not an issue)
for so little money. Using the Jetbook's SD card reader for anything but storing your
ebook library and other media makes no sense either. All the file manipulation is much
better done on your notebook or PC. As I understand it, you Linux users are using Wine
to run ADE and perhaps other ebook software. You must have some way to handle the
ebook files.

Perhaps there are better formatting utilities for your Linux Notebook?
Or perhaps the SD manufacturer has information on formatting their SD cards?

Luck;
Ken
Hi Ken, I think you misunderstood.

Both SD Cards format and work PERFECTLY in the Notebook's SD Card reader. They fail when accessed through the JetBook via USB.

I am not trying to use the Jetbook as a card reader for my PC. But I WOULD like to be able to copy my ebooks to it via the usb cable - a reasonable expectation I think! Especially since software such as Calibre exists to manage one's ebook collection and synchronise the library to the Jetbook. Cailbre runs natively on many operating systems.

There is no problem using Linux to manage / format / copy to the SD Cards.

One other test I did: I found that if I copy one or two files to the SD card - I am talking less than 5 MB of data (because it crashes around 10 MB) - then it appeared to work. Ejecting the drive, it flushed the data to the drive, and it stayed. But then, adding the device back to the PC and writing more data (again under 5MB) it seemed to crash every time. The only solution then is to press reset on the Jetbook (because even when disconnected, the USB conneted image is on its screen). When restarting I have a filesystem with errors, and the data just written is gone.

Haven't tried the reset yet, but will let you know when I try it later today.
louisvd is offline   Reply With Quote