View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Google Bookstore?

Has anyone purchased from Google Bookstore? I did on the first day, got a pdf file that I couldn't read on the JBL and a horrendously OCR'd epub file; though Google was great about providing a refund, still, this soured me on buying Google Books.

But now Google has a good price on a book I want--it's $10 there, as opposed to $15 at BN and Sony (not available at Kobo, so no chance of using a coupon!). It's also $10 at Amazon. I'm undecided which is the better option--to buy at Google, where I've been disappointed already (and maybe asking for a second refund won't be so easy), or to buy at Amazon and convert. Can I assume that a conversion would be perfect?

Google doesn't seem to provide a downloadable sample, so that makes me leery as well.

So ... opinions? Google and hope it works, or Amazon and convert? Thanks!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote