Thread: Epub plugin dev
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Epub plugin dev

I have a plugin that modifies epubs on import. It seems to work fine, but the cover thumbnail does not show (nor is the cover image present in the library folder) after the successful import.

If I open the metadata editor and click on the "set the cover from the selected format" button, it correctly extracts the cover image and the thumbnail shows when browsing the library. If I re-import the modified epub, it finds the cover image just fine... which leads me to believe it's a priority/order of operation type issue.

When does Calibre attempt to extract the Epub cover in relation to import plugins? If it happens before any import plugins, is there a way to force Calibre to repeat the cover extraction routine from within my plugin?

It's a picky little detail, but I'd rather not have to click that "set the cover from the selected format" button every time I import an epub.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-19-2010 at 11:36 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote