View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 09:24 AM   #140
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
That may be true, however, character development is very important when it comes to a series, isn't it?

Thats why I like to read in chronological order, it really gives you a better understanding of the people in the books.......
I do agree that starting on order can give an overall better reading experience.

You learn about the characters and some things in later books refer back to things that have happened in earlier books that will either be a spoiler or make more sense having read the earlier book(s). I have seen cases where the ending of a previous book was totally spoiled by a later book. So not having read in order would have been a rather bad idea.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote