Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #1208
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Do I have to do something to enable hyphenation?

Before I installed the JBPatch, I'd get the occasional short line where the next word was too long to fit on the previous line. Now the short line is
spread out like this
to make sure that the right margin is fully justified. I'd rather it had a short line than that, if there's an option, but even more, I'd rather there was a hyphenated word.

thanks!
No, after you install JBPatch, hyphenation is automatically enabled (only for old mobi, not kf8). You had to manually disable it if you did not want it. The default setting for minimum first and last syllable is set to 3. That works very well. If you want even more hyphenation, I suggest you change it to 2 start, 3 end. That works good for me. Why not both 2? Well, if you set both to 2 it will hyphenate undo to un- do. For me personally it is better if 4 letter words not be broke up.

Edit: oh also, there is an option to enable ragged edge. That will just like the normal Kindle behavior create left aligned non justified lines on occasions where a line would have too much white space to look good stretched out. Not sure if you meant that you like that or that you don't.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 02-03-2013 at 07:08 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote