View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 03:30 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairbv View Post
Space is an issue, .. my ebooks don't currently fit on one DVD (and last time I burnt a DVD it took 6 hours on my laptop).
Assuming that your laptop has USB 2 ports, I'd suggest that you go out and buy a 16x external USB drive; that way you'll be able to write a full DVD in 10 minutes.

Quote:
oh, ... and, I did need to install microsoft reader in order to get book designer to run. The installation procedure there could be a lot better explained.
You absolutely do NOT need to have Microsoft Reader installed to use BD! BD does not use Reader in any way whatsoever.

Quote:
Also, I'm looking at the menu and wiki ( https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Book_Designer ), it seems to be calling mobipocket books .prc files, ... which maybe is the case when a mobi book is read on a palm? So does that mean they'd just need to be renamed after being exported in order to read them as mobi books?
"Mobi" is the name of the FORMAT. The extension for Mobi books most commonly encountered is ".prc", although modern versions of the MobiPocket Reader are happy to use ".mobi" too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote