View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #19
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I've been thinking along similar lines. I have lots of classics, but prefer to read the MR formatted versions than the p-backs. Should I clear up the amazing clutter of books in my house, getting rid, somehow, of the out of copyright books? Or should I keep them in case my ereader kicks the bucket?
That's the main reason that every eBook I buy gets the DRM stripped and is backed up to my own personal storage system ... If I'm going to be spending $3 to $4 more per book now I'm certainly not all that psyched at the thought of repurchasing them in the future.

Especially in the current pricing war climate, I don't trust the Retailers or the Publishers to protect my right to have my books for the rest of my reading life. Look at what's going on with Fictionwise right now and all the sudden you can't re-download anything.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote