View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 01:10 PM   #12
KDawg
Junior Senior
KDawg has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: nookColor, nook, PRS-900, PRS-505, PRS-500, Kindle PW, Kindle Oasis
I've been a Palm fanboy from the beginning. I had a Palm 5000. After struggling with various organizers I was immediately converted to Palm's simplicity, especially with regards to syncing data with the PC.

Flash forward ten years or so to my Palm T|X. It has a nice screen and integrated bluetooth and wifi is nice, but not necessary. The battery life is good, but nothing like it was when you could turn the backlight off. I don't really care about music or video on the Palm because it can't touch my ipod for simplicity, especially with regards to syncing music and video (common theme for me). I'm on a Mac now so I have to buy 3rd party sync software. Graffiti 2 sucks. The T|X reboots several times a week, usually when running Palm's own email and web clients. I'm out of love.

The Sony Reader has replaced the Palm for me for reading. The iPhone will collapse my contacts/calendar, phone, and iPod into one gadget. What do I need the Palm for now?

I was hoping for more from the Folio but I think the Palm Shark Jumper is a better name.

Goodbye Palm.
KDawg is offline   Reply With Quote