View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #46
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Given that a epub file must be less than 20MB (in the P. Clark Library, at least), how should one prioritize for image-rich books? Image size, jpeg quality, or colour depth?
Personally, I reduce colour depth for prints and b/w sketches, and quality for photos, paintings and coloured sketches. However, I'm more unsure about what dimensions to use. I tend towards a width of 800 px as default.
And how much priority should I give to minimizing the file size, versus keeping the images nice for my future retina-display e-reader?
Finally, what about prints and similar where moiree patterns are an issue; should I make the images no wider than 600px, so that they seldom will be downscaled, or should future-proof big images have priority?
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote