View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
You'll notice also that I have sold Ectaco products in the past. I am currently weighing whether to try to sell the JBC to schools in my area. The sales person at Ectaco is waiting on a reply from me whether or not I want to sell the JBC.

My retail sales business is winding down. I officially stopped retail sales at the beginning of the year. the last quarter of last year saw a drop in traffic that made it impossible for me to keep going. The site will probably go dark this week or next.

Anybody thats read any of my posts over the last couple of years would know that i have much more integrity than that Ken. I am talking about this on a personal level. I mean exactly what I said comparing point for point. The only reason I ever sell a product is because I personally like it and its features. The JBC as i have mentioned before is still missing things that were there when i tried out the Hanvon at CES.

I am a huge eink fan and have been for a dozen years now. I really want the tech to do well and love to see it succeed. I was ecstatic when i first got to see color eink at the shows. When i saw the features available on the Hanvon(and on Plastic Logic's reader which while not color was perfect for academic and professional uses) I knew it would be a good educational and professional tool even though it was using Windows CE.

What Ectaco has brought to the market with the JBC is much less than that and Im concerned after seeing what they brought in this update that by the time they get around to putting everything in there, that should be, it will be much too late.

As it stands I doubt I'll be able to sell any to the schools because I dont believe in it right now. I posted this hoping someone will be able to "talk me down" , give me a "look on the bright side" speech

edit- there is no "B" in my last name btw. the title of the thread should probably be "Am I never to be satisfied?"

What would be killer is if PocketBook, Onyx and Ectaco got together , added all the things each other does well;

PocketBooks task switching, column reading, format support, dictionary and fonts, library management and device customization

Onyx's note taking, highlighting, device design, selection zoom, font selection, pen usage(when not taking notes etc) scribble export and Office compatibility

Ectaco's learning solutions(especially language teaching), color display and excellent power management and a few other things i am forgetting right now

that would be a fantastic device

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 03-08-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote