View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #11
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxGirl View Post
Hoping Kovid or GRiker will be in the "limited release" group so that they can see whether it's possible for the collections to be managed by calibre!
Yes, as it is I can't imagine classifying hundreds of books on the Kindle using the crude keyboard and joystick. Which is why I only keep about 40 items on mine (including PDFs and subscriptions, which already have their own item lists)...no need for classifying anything.

I have many questions about what they've done and its ultimate usefulness - if you have to replace your kindle, do you have to classify everything all over again? does it sync to other devices on your account? are the categories mutually exclusive (boo) or not (yay)? If you remove and restore an item, do you have to classify it again? I guess we'll have to wait and see...
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote