View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 08:54 AM   #40
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Those are exactly the problems I see in kepubs, but I've never seen it happen in an epub.

Edit: Sorry if this sounds a bit obvious, but are you sure you don't have the KoboTouchExtended plugin installed in Calibre, which converts books to kepub automatically as they are sent to the device?

Edit2: One thing I do to help with the trailing punctuation problem in kepubs is to edit the hyphenation dictionary and make the RIGHTHYPHENMIN value larger than LEFTHYPHENMIN. It dosn't fix the problem, but it helps avoid some of the worst effects. (I use LEFTHYPHENMIN 3 and RIGHTHYPHENMIN 4.)
Yeah I'm sure they were pure epubs because I uninstalled kobotouchextended a week ago and my kobo says "epub". But it's not exactly the same problems than kepubs : hyphen with trailing punctuation in my epubs are correct (where they never are in kepub). It only goes wrong when a non-breakable space or ... are involved.

My lefthyphenmin and righthyphenmin are actually 2 and 3 ; I will make them 3 and 4.

EDIT : The strange behavior with quote, ..., ! and ? (probably due to non-breakable space) is not showing anymore on 3.16.0 (updating H2O with 3.16.0 mark 4)

Last edited by cramoisi; 06-13-2015 at 08:26 AM. Reason: updating firmware
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote