View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 07:18 AM   #39
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
Hi JSWolf,
I got this issue in ePUBs ...

The problem seems to occur in french epub when there is non-breakable spaces. (which are not much used at all in english epub. In french we got one nbsp before ? ! ; » and after «. The issue also seems to occur with trailing … (horizontal ellipsis).
Those are exactly the problems I see in kepubs, but I've never seen it happen in an epub.

Edit: Sorry if this sounds a bit obvious, but are you sure you don't have the KoboTouchExtended plugin installed in Calibre, which converts books to kepub automatically as they are sent to the device?

Edit2: One thing I do to help with the trailing punctuation problem in kepubs is to edit the hyphenation dictionary and make the RIGHTHYPHENMIN value larger than LEFTHYPHENMIN. It dosn't fix the problem, but it helps avoid some of the worst effects. (I use LEFTHYPHENMIN 3 and RIGHTHYPHENMIN 4.)

Last edited by GeoffR; 05-24-2015 at 07:58 AM. Reason: One thing I do ...
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote