View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #36
Iskariot
Zealot
Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950 Daily Edition, Kobo Aura HD
The Sony PRS950 was my first ereader and because of that (and because of my naivety) I expected all ereader software to be as hassle-free, reliable and capable as that of the Sony Readers.

For example I never encountered any problems when reading epubs on my PRS950... and why should there be, right?
But to my dismay I discovered this is not at all so self-evident and common in the world of ereaders. I have encountered a plethora of weird epub displaying behavior on other brands of ereaders including my current Onyx Firefly.
I do not understand what the difficulty is, but apparently Sony is one of the very few that gets it right.

And I do miss the simple double tapping of a word to activate the dictionary and the easy switching to other dictionaries. And I also miss the high quality of those dictionaries.

Hurry up already Sony.
Iskariot is offline   Reply With Quote