View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #444
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Compelling reasons to switch lie beyond the spec sheet, in things that foghat mentioned were important to him, like seamless integration, "it just works" experience, and a rich content ecosystem.
But those things have not really changed with the iPhone 5, they were the existing reasons to switch to the iPhone.

New customers have been given that choice of ecosystem for the last couple of years, and have been choosing Android in spite of it. There's been a dip in Apple market share as buyers wait for the iPhone 5, but I'll hazard a guess that it is existing iPhone owners who have been waiting to upgrade who have caused that slowdown.

I doubt that a significant number of new smartphone buyers have decided to hold off for most of this year waiting for the iPhone 5. They'd just have gone for the existing iPhone.

EDIT: Just realised there's a problem in my logic there, as existing users holding off would affect sales but not overall market share. But it's getting late I'm too tired to think it through!

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 09-14-2012 at 05:13 PM.