View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #30
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSun View Post
Many of us, myself included, consider Rowling a "trusted author" to whom we will automatically gravitate . . .
With me, it's the opposite. I prefer realism, and read one of her Potter books without enthusiasm. And the review I read of The Casual Vacancy eliminated any chance I'd read that. Her wanting to distance herself from her authorial past makes me, if anything, want to read it more.

Now, if I hadn't seen the article in today's New York Times Latest News Blog about The Cuckoo's Calling, and/or this thread, I wouldn't have put it on my TBR list. But if I had come across one of the rave reviews British newspapers published in May, I also might have it on my TBR list.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 07-14-2013 at 10:20 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote