View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 03:24 AM   #11
shenye
Zealot
shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
LRFs are actually a single xml file in a binary wrapper, similar to epub (muitiple xml files in a binary wrapper). The slow initialisation is because a LRF is completely read and paginated when it is opened, so one screen equals one page. The same happens when you change the font size, which is therefore slow too.
Interesting, I didn't know that. The "binary wrapper"... it is used to make parsing faster, isn't it? I can imagine parsing an XML files to be quite CPU intensive and slow. Much easier to use binary code to "describe" the layout, kinda like offering the device pre-processed content to make things faster. At least this is how I thought LRF to work.
shenye is offline   Reply With Quote