View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankypoo View Post
Thanks for the responses, all.

Any idea then why the standby battery life on my K3 Wi-Fi been far better than that of my K3 3G?
Probably because when wireless/3G is connected more power gets used. When there is no wireless Internet available the 3G will kick in automatically and continue to use power. With the wifi kindle if there is no wireless to connect to it doesn't connect to anything so saves power.

Keeping wireless on uses quite a bit of power that's why it's recommended to switch it off when u aren't using it.

I've currently got a 3G kindle but am considering upgrading to the paperwhite (wifi). The 3G is a cool feature but I'm not sure it's worth the extra 50/60 bucks.
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote