View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 06:27 PM   #56
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by drMerry View Post
2 more files I can think of:
thumbs.db
.DS_STORE

(I will have to look for the right capitals)
These files (and iTunesArtwork for that matter) are already covered by the unmanifested files feature. I don't see the need to special case add functions for them.
Quote:
@artwork.
I did had an epub where I removed the artwork causing me to loose my cover (I did remove it manually, did not check the manifest file or other files, so you're right, everybody could do dumb-ass thinks with epub )
Right, so you had one such ePub - what would be good to know is if there are any more like that and how it got into that state. Was it a one-off manual edit of the manifest by someone. Or could it have even been somone running a "add unmanifested files to manifest" type feature from epub-fix or some other tool on it at some point. I have no idea about the books that Apple sells via its store for instance - do they all apply such an approach to their books?

In the 0.2.1 beta that I put up I added some code to remove from the manifest. So at least its removal will be clean.

As for losing your "official" cover - that I am less concerned about. Particularly longer term when this plugin has the ability to replace covers in the ePub.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote