View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 03:38 AM   #3
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipenekkid View Post
there are about a zillion media players any of which can be ported to the PB OS but the right developers. Not sure about battery life or it running in the background but it's not something which would be difficult.
I'm sorry but from your statement I get the impression that you haven't followed the whole story. Excuse me if my judgement was too swift but I can tell you that there are about a million things which are easier than porting software to a platform were there is

1) no official SDK
2) no documentation
3) no source code
4) no root permission

When trying to port anything you will run a million times against a brick wall because as a good developer you know the solution (e.g. chmod +w /dev/dsp ) but alas you don't have root access or something else from the list above is lacking.

I don't mean to offend you but I have tried to port a good number of programs and make improvements to the pocketbook and I have seen many frustrations, which were not limited by my knowledge as a developer.

So I can assure you:

With the above mentioned set of boundary conditions it is extremely painful to port anything.

However, you're very welcome to proof me wrong.
Maybe, you could port Xournal.

(Just kidding, I'm sure the above four points were new to you)

Last edited by review; 02-14-2011 at 03:46 AM.
review is offline   Reply With Quote