View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 12:22 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien
The author should be "Dickens, Charles" instead of "Charles Dickens". Much easier to look for Dickens at the letter D than the letter C ;-)
OK - thanks. I'll do all my future uploads in that format. I'll wait for a while and see if anyone wants any other changes before re-uploading this one.

I believe there are tools which allow you to edit the author of non-DRM LRF files, are there not?

I want to re-upload at some point, anyway, because I had to remove the nice "front page" illustration to get the file down to under 5MB, which is currently the largest file it's possible to upload. Alex has promised to change the limit to 10MB, so when that happens I'll put the missing illustration back in, change the author as you suggest, and re-upload.

Thanks for the feedback - it's always very welcome!

Can I just ask, by the way - do people think that the illustrations "add value" to books like this over the plain PG versions? I find them fascinating, personally - they give you a real "snapshot" of the time the book was written in - but if people think it's all a waste of time I won't bother .

I plan to do illustrated versions of a number of other Dickens books over the next few days, by the way. "Oliver Twist" next.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote