View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 09:25 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Along with Turtle91, I always have my Preview undocked.

I had no idea Preview was even effected by the Zoom slider. I just thought they worked for Code View + Book View only.

Maybe 3 sets of Zoom Sliders could also be added in the Edit > Preferences > Appearances > Menus tab?
  • Main Menu Icon Size
  • Zoom Levels
    • Book View
    • Code View
    • Preview

(The tab would probably need a slight rename from "Menus" into "Zoom" or "Text/Icon Scaling" or [something else].)

Yeah, that little slider in the corner is hard to see. And you wouldn't notice anything amiss, especially if you didn't know what it stands for.

You may have also accidentally pressed:

Zoom In: Ctrl + =
Zoom Out: Ctrl + -

while working on a book.

You could always:

Zoom Reset: Ctrl + 0

to set the zoom back to 100%.
If I understand you correctly, the problem with putting three sliders in Preferences might be you wouldn't see the effect until you exit Preferences.

Maybe the main window could get a button to show and select which window the coordinates and slider are currently referencing, viz:

BTW : Ctrl- (NumPad) works, but Ctrl+ (NumPad) doesn't. Both Ctrl- and Ctrl+ (TopRow) work. In the browsers I'm familiar with, the TopRow and the NumPad Ctrl- and Ctrl+ sequences work.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote