View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 06:41 AM   #6
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Source Library Custom Columns

@Tanjamuse,

Already in process. As the OP says:

[4] 'Standard Metadata' does not include 'Custom Columns'. Are there any plans to also consolidate all arbitrary and random 'Custom Columns' from all Source Libraries into the snapshot Target Library?

Yes; it is planned for a future release.

I am currently working on Release 2.0.0, which dynamically builds custom columns in the Target Library for the set of all identical custom columns in all of the Source Libraries, then maps all Source Library custom columns to those Target Library custom columns. You will be able to easily say "map all of them" or "map none of them". Or, by manually updating a new table, you can pick and choose for each Source Library custom column which you want to map to the Target Library and which you do not want mapped. If not mapped, they will be ignored by the Consolidation Job.

The definition of "identical" means that the rows in the Source Library metadata.db table custom_columns are identical in every respect (except for the custom column id number, of course). So, it would be a good idea to standardize your custom columns in every respect across all of your Source Libraries. That includes the Description that you see when you hover your mouse over the GUI column heading, and not just the datatype (text or comments or ...) plus the rest that you specify when you create a new custom column in "Calibre > Preferences > Add Your Own Columns".

I have finished testing everything except actually populating the Target Library custom columns from their mapped Source Library custom columns in the revised Consolidation Job, which is the easy part. The hard part was the functionality that the users can see and touch.

Release 2.0.0 is currently on track for a release next week, although as I do this purely for my personal use, amusement and pleasure, it may be sooner or it may be later than next week.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote