View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #8
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
So I tried out the Kobo Touch, here's some pros and cons:

+Nice display, very crisp
+Responsive touchscreen
+The awards/achievements seem pretty cool (but ultimately useless)
+Good form factor and nice aesthetics
-Limited font options, it's much better than the PRS505, but I don't really like the two fonts and you can't change the line spacing like you can on the Nook and Kindle
-Can't have multiple bookmarks (unless the "expert" was misinformed), it only remembers the last page you were on

Overall, better than my PRS505, but I think the Nook Touch is edging out a little because of the myriad of font settings and the physical page buttons.

As for the Kindle, it's very nice, there's no doubt about that. But I don't like that it doesn't support ePub. I know I can easily convert to .mobi with Calibre, but I feel uncomfortable with supporting a company that is so adamant about locking down their device.

EDIT: My girlfriend is going to New Jersey in a few weeks so I'll wait until then at least, she'll be able to buy a Nook from a B&N there.
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote