View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 04:52 AM   #3
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Has the time come to lock the Gun Control thread in Politics. Frankly the quality of the discussion there has reached a new low, and the participation seems to be just a few people tirelessly throwing an argument back and forth between themselves.

I think it is safe to say that the discussion there, while it might have provided some education to people, demonstrates why no solution will be found to this issue.
While I can completely and totally understand why you might not want to participate in that thread, I don't understand your desire to keep others from doing so if they wish to. No one is forced to be there. No one is forced to participate.

It really makes no more sense than if someone were to say 'Lock the thread "Last person to post here wins!" simply because there is virtually nothing at all being said in any coherent fashion in some 21,000 pages. Obviously, people want to participate. Why do you need to stop them?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote