Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #1351
trilla
trilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook Simple Touch GL, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
So yeah, Amazon's obfuscation strategy worked - by now, it's almost impossible to understand what is happening in their software.

They won. We lost. Thanks for listening.
It's sad to hear =( Really sad.

First, I think maybe you could add some warning information on first post about disabling firmware auto updates? I disabled them for 5.3.3 version and JBPatch still works fine (I can't guarantee that this 100% work, but my KPW didn't update itself till now and I constantly use wifi sync). I use this method for enabling USBNetwork and this for disabling updates. Maybe this helps someone like me, it's hard to find this info because forum too big.

Second, I know you're all white hats, but what if we could organize some kind of fund to support future development? Donations for children of Laos is good (I myself make a donation for them), but maybe some interest for developers (ixtab or other hacker) could help for project to live? Like a local kickstarter =)
trilla is offline   Reply With Quote