View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by country0129 View Post
but, well, using computers for over 43 years, 1st a Tandy, Color Computer II....<grin.>
This model came in 1983 so 43 years???? Doesn't matter we get old it's confusing to remember my age let alone how long I've been working on computers.

Quote:
Honestly, as a computer user, I cannot say enough concerning the great way that Mr. Kovid and his peers have continued the evolution of his "BABY," the Calibre program. Virtually every suggestion made is considered, and, should the time permit and the suggestion be valid in his considered opinion, it's implemented to the betterment of our use of the program.
I agree he has done a great job with this program.

Quote:
I just wish that I could be smart enough to get more of the 13 GB of RAM to process conversions.
Calibre is very greedy and if it isn't using more RAM it is because it has used all the RAM needed for the conversion. Nothing you can do to change that.

Quote:
Mr. Kovid? Again, I salute you for your tireless devotion to this project.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote