View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #451
mfaine
Member Retired
mfaine began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Funnily enough no-one has ever requested this as a feature. The "assumption" has always been (based on the requirements of those who requested shelves as tags in the first place, not something I use myself) that the user has created shelves on Goodreads.

So there is no way currently to automate this. You can either create the shelves on the Goodreads website, and then refresh the shelves list for the plugin. Or you can use the plugin configuration screen to create the shelves.

As to whether I would consider adding support for creating them on the fly - the answer at this point is "maybe". It has been a long time since I changed this plugin and off the top of my head I don't know if the complications of supporting such a feature would make it too much work. After all the plugin has been out for 18 months and of all the thousands of users you are the only one who has requested it .
Can I help it if the others lack imagination

I understand, thanks though. I guess I'll just create them manually though I would recommend changing the label name on the menu item. As is, it sounds as though it already does what I'm requesting. Took me a little while to realize that I was doing it correctly and it simply didn't' work as I expected.

If you ever do add this feature I'll throw a few extra dollars your way. Maybe now that I've requested it others will think it a good idea too.

Thanks again.
mfaine is offline   Reply With Quote