View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
heeby
Connoisseur
heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Collections on an unregistered Kindle NT?

I have seen threads similar deteriorate when people attack and assume so I will explain myself right off. I simply don't want to register with Amazon and don't intend on buying books from them on the Kindle. I buy to computer from other stores where I save a backup copy then load to the Kindle with Calibre via USB. Nothing nefarious...but rather my preference.

I liked the Kindle's hardware, so went with that device bought at Target but am not an Amazon ebook buyer. I have side loaded about 200 books and it is working fine and I love the screen quality. I would however like to enable collections which I understand cannot be done without registering. I am working on a Calibre work around with a plug in but thus far am doing it wrong. Is there any other way to enable the collections feature without registering with Amazon? Also I have an old laptop running Linux Mint which I am not very good at. I don't have access to any other operating system right now and can't get WINE to work to use KindleForPC which was another potential way to make the collections.

Thanks to all.

Last edited by heeby; 03-29-2012 at 11:32 PM.
heeby is offline   Reply With Quote