View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Except for the fact that--unless Kovid has addressed this--Calibre-generated MOBI's are not readable on any "Kindle for X" device, because Calibre-generated MOBI's do not have adequate space in the headers to accommodate the second layer of encryption required for a file to be read on anything other than the device. Calibre is a library system, and a damn fine one, but it is NOT a production tool for professional production (for Kindle books for SALE).

HTH
Hitch
I've seen this mentioned before (not sure if it's fixed or not), but I've also seen users (ones which were apparently publishing to Amazon) mention not getting what they want from Amazon provided tools and turning to Calibre, I seem to recall one in particular struggling with getting the different TOC variations working they way they wanted. Anyway this was why I recommended the mobi sub-forum, I figured the experts on this subject would be more likely to answer there.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote