Thread: DR800 mounting to Ubuntu
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #8
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse_horrible View Post
Yes, it has a micro-USB port, which for general use only gives access to the contents of the SD card (which is troublesome to get to).

And I did join ubuntuforums.org last month!
You should be able to browse around the folders and files on your reader, from Ubuntu on your netbook.

With your DR800SG connected to your netbook, from the Ubuntu desktop:
Click on Places (menu item top-left of your screen), to display a drop-down menu.

In the 2nd section of the drop-down menu, you should see your DR800SG listed, under the menu item called Computer.

NB - In my case, the menu item denoting my Sony reader is called READER, plus you should be able to see any SD card that you have, listed separately. So, in the drop-down menu, your reader might not be listed as DR800SG, it might be called something like READER instead.

Select READER, or whatever it is called (alternatively, select the the SD card), and a new window should open on the Ubuntu desktop, showing the contents of the READER, or whatever it is called, (or the SD card). You should then be able to see, and browse around the folders and files, in the new window.

To transfer files between your netbook and reader, keep the READER window open, additionally open a new folder on your netbook containing the files that you want to transfer, then use Copy & Paste, or drag files from one folder and drop them in another.

Last edited by boxcorner; 01-14-2011 at 03:40 PM.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote