View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 02:06 AM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
I am probably in a situation similar to the original poster. I've got free, drm-free and pdf stuff loaded into Calibre. But anything I got directly from Amazon, well, is on my kindle and also backed up separately to a folder on my computer. But I guess I have never thought of loading those KINDLE books into Calibre.

As a matter of fact, I am probably using Calibre wrong. If I download a book or pdf (instruction manuals, recipes), they are in my download folder. I then drag them to calibre and they wind up in the Calibre library but they also still reside in my download folder - duplicating too many titles???

I'll take more organizing suggestions, too.
Calibre merely takes a copy of any books you add into it. It will never delete or overwrite the original source file which I think is a good idea for people like me who end up making a dog's dinner of things! You can go and delete those original files manually if you're sure you no longer want them.

I store all my books in Calibre. With Kindle books - I make sure to copy the file off my Kindle and place in Calibre. That's because if Amazon accidentally lost any purchase I had made, I'd then have a backup in Calibre which would work on that Kindle. The files for Kindle or Kindle for PC are encrypted to work only within that particular device / app.

My Calibre library is all backed up on dropbox just because I've had PCs die on me before and my book library is more important than most of my files.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote