View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 10:55 PM   #91
salamanderjuice
Addict
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And using the USB-C port as a video port, you have to give up system RAM for the video. I prefer dedicated video RAM with a dedicated video chip.
What are you talking about? And where did you get that from?

No you don't, you can have a USB C port with video output from a discrete GPU with it's own dedicated VRAM or from an integrated GPU that shares memory with the system. My MacBook Pro is the former and my Mac Mini the latter. It's basically just a USB C shaped displayport.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote