View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 03:43 AM   #301
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
Aside from the inconvenience, the thing that bothers me is if something gets screwed up in the conversion I don't know the proper way to get back to the original epub. If I delete the new epub I still have the old one but it now has a different file extension and I don't think it can be used for anything as is. I wouldn't dare just go in and change the file extension with file explorer because I don't know if it would mess up Calibre.
You can use Calibre's Modify Epub plugin with Insert or replace cover checked and then keep the original file (shows as ORIGINAL_EPUB format) until you are happy and then bulk delete the ORIGINAL_EPUB files. If the book is messed up, I copy the original_epub to a temp directory and rename it, delete the epub and original_epub in Calibre (not removing the book but removing files of a specific format) which leaves the metadata and cover image and then drop the renamed file on the details view (on top of the cover image works for me) to place it back in the library.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote