View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 02:18 PM   #41
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.M.DuBois View Post
I actually check those out from my local library on a regular basis.

You're right, I meant AR BLANCA. But you've missed the point a little bit. That's not for the editor. It's for ME. It's to keep me from making a switch between self-editor and reader without realizing it by slowing ME down and making me focus on the words, not the imagery. I have a formatted manuscript for editors, double-spaced and all that. That's not the issue.
I understand that it's for you. The problem is that I'm not sure that slowing yourself down by making it harder to read is necessarily the best way to focus on the work of editing.

If I can illustrate with an automotive analogy: if your car is going too fast at a given throttle setting, you can slow down by either riding the brake or shifting into a lower gear. When you ride the brake you're effectively robbing the engine of power; when you down shift you're increasing the available power at the lower speed. Both approaches slow you down, but shifting into a lower gear is far more efficient.

I'm concerned that using a more difficult font to read may have an effect more like riding the brake than shifting to a lower gear.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote