View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #7
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
This also works on the DR1000 (tested with R2.0 Beta)!
Thanks very much, I am looking forward to your updates.
Wow! thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps, once DR1000 and DR800 new versions are released, we'll have to stop a bit and think together the way we port applications in order to work in both devices and not duplicate efforts.

If firmware is common for both devices we could have same infraestructure (common libs, apps, etc).

I'm thinking on this structure:

Code:
SD Card
    /Programs
        _config
        _base
            _bin
            _etc
            _lib
            _share
        _FBReader
        _osmo
        _xournal
        <desktop files here>
_ config would contain user personal configuration and data for the programs (a la /home/user).
_base would be the equivalent of /usr.
And each program will be contained in its own directory.

This way, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and such variables could be common for all programs and the launchers could be practically the same.

In fact I've already assembled common-runtime-libs for the DR800 with some of the libs the apps I ported apps use (fribidi, linebreak, art_lpgl, gnomecanvas, poppler, goocanvas, vte...). But I'll wait after the new release in order to include only needed and newer libraries.

I'm also thinking about my needs as a developer/porter. We could ask iRex for them.
F.e. support "Icon" in .desktop files.

What do you think? Is it worth to create a new thread to discuss this common infraestructure among all DR* developers/porters?

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote