View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 01:26 AM   #7
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Valloric,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
There's nothing suspect about the extension. It's Sigil's native format.
My fault for not being more specific. The Sigil's file extension remained displayed, regardless of actual file type (i.e. epub) loaded.

Quote:
Just delete the unzipped folder. Then download and unzip the latest version. Just in case, unzip it with WinRAR (it's free). Some people have reported problems unzipping with certain software that doesn't preserve the archived folder hierarchy.
After several hours of trouble shooting, it became clear that the problem had to be within Windows. Following system boot up, it was confirmed when I attempted to open Sigil - my system went into a warm boot. Bad sign, but at least I discovered the culprit.

So... Sigil just happened to get caught in the middle of this. I decided the best action was to restore from a Ghosted image and start with a clean, known quantity. I'm sure all will be perfect with Sigil when reinstalled again.

Quote:
That's actually the first thing I thought of, but he said the Code View doesn't show up, and that completely ignores the position of the splitter bar in Split View. It always appears.
Well, I suppose that would be anyone's first reaction too, but I have been working with computers for 25 years, starting with CP/M and installing my own components so I'm not completely clueless.... just often baffled.

Thank you for your efforts with such a great application, Valloric. I very much appreciate your generous support.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote