View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 08:08 PM   #35
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
Quick question. Will this work with the updated content lister software? I believe it also modifies start.sh.
Good question. I haven't looked at the contentLister mod yet. However, the changes in this are relatively minor.

I would install contentLister first, then add these three lines near the beginning of start.sh:
Code:
depmod
modprobe -r battery
modprobe battery
You can read the README for more details, but it should be pretty obvious where to put it.

The point of the change is to remove the original iRex battery module from the kernel and then load the new one. This kluge-y workaround is necessary because the iRex battery.o file is located in the boot-time ramdisk. It's inaccessible, can't be replaced easily, hence the kluge. Shouldn't affect anything else, though...

If you're worried about messing up start.sh in a way that would cause freezes at boot, I highly recommend using something like this to test your modifications. That's what I do.

Last edited by jharker; 01-31-2009 at 08:11 PM.
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote