View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 08:25 AM   #12
nomistakes
nomistakes began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy note 8
The superiority of the 4:3 aspect ratio is not in doubt as well as the fact that there's a lack of a decent Android device with that feature.

For me, a part for the screen , the ipad is completely usless.

It's a big iphone with a very closed os limitated on many aspects.

All my job (tonnes of pdf and office) and my calibre database are continuosly updated and syncronized on my dropbox and both are easly accessible on my Galaxy note 8 (thanks to "dropsync pro" and "calibre cloud").

All the changes and annotations I make on the pdf opened on my android are automatically sent back over the cloud to all my other devices (a notebook and a pc).

Tha same for calibre. With "calibre cloud" I can access my db (made of hundreads of pdf, sorted by tags, author, subject, etc), from my android in the same way I do on my calibre on my pc and each modification or annotation is directly shared over the cloud.

None of what I have described above is possible with an ipad.

Ibook sucks with pdf. It offers just a one way syncronization (from pc to ipad) that excludes the possibilty to send back the annotation and changes made from the ipad

There's no way of accessing the calibre db from a local folder stored on the ipad ( cos apple doesn't want it to be accessible).

The same for the dropbox folder. The only valid solution to open the document without wi-fi or 3g is the dumb "star button" and there's no way to send back all the modification made on the file, in the same way dropsync pro does in android.

How is it possible that Apple doen't realize that its device are completely useless for a professional use and for people who don't want to be forced to work with apple application?

I wrote this long post cos I'm still waiting for a very solid and powerfull 4:3 android, but it seems that android tablets are thought only as an entertainment devices
nomistakes is offline   Reply With Quote