View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #37
Start
Enthusiast
Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Shine 2 HD
Thank you, I have sundry difficulties in english so I can use "strange" words. If so, please forgive me. My "two spaces problem" is surely a known case but as I'm describing it, maybe, seems an unknown one.

I'll try to tell you more.

When I'm preparing a book of mine, well, I'd like to save it in two formats. One in pdf, and the other in epub. 2 files from our docx file.

So I'd like to have a good cleaning text even in my Word file. In the mean time, if I transform in HTML a good text, it's possible to do lesser work than before...

The 2 spaces is only a no-required space before or after a "punctuation". The first example is when you have to close a sentence and you have a space before a point and a second space after that point. The first space is to be deleted.

I write here some examples about the space to be deleted:

Space before a point .
Space before a comma ,
Space before a semicolon ;
Space before the colon :
Space before the ellipsis (not always superfluous, mind you) ...
Space before the parenthesis (also applies to the square or curly) )
Space after the opening parenthesis (also applies to the square or curly) (
Space before a question mark ?
Space before an exclamation mark !
Space before the percent sign %
Space before guillemet closed '
Space after the quotes low open «

But I've seen another problem that it is present in a docx file. An example is when you write something in italics and your italics isn't finished at the end of a word but after a space or other puntuactions. So you can see in html, as follows:

<i>dfsfsf </i>dsdsad
<i>dfsfsf;</i> dsdsad
(<i>dfsfsf)</i> dsdsad

and so on. Not good, I think. There are all mistakes. The first with a space in italics, the second with puncuation in italics not required. An so on.

I'd like to know your opinion. I'd have other ideas but I'd like to know before your thoughts about what already said. I hope interesting.

Last edited by Start; 12-13-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: for a better english... maybe
Start is offline   Reply With Quote