View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #618
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Well, it's certainly not enough for day-to-day living. That's rather the point. But if you want to drop 1kg a week, that's the sort of number of calories per day you have to aim for. And do the exercise. And make sure you're getting sufficient nutrients. All of which Stitchawl is doing.
Fat is decreasing quickly and muscle is increasing (not as quickly, but fast enough to make me happy)

Quote:
I do wonder whether he's counting right. 1kg/week is about 7000 calories deficit or 1000 calories/day. Unless Stitchawl is very unusual, he should need over 2200 calories a day to maintain his weight, so 1000 calories less a day would be a 1200 calorie intake.
I 'had' been eating closer to 2,000-4,000 calories per day. My daily intake numbers (and you know that I'm no good with numbers) was based on package information per serving size, and information take from this site. I have no way of knowing how accurate that is. But as an example of daily intake; my breakfast was kept to 250 calories or under (a serving of rice and either vegetable or fish, lunch 182 calories (Starbuck's chicken veggie wrap) afternoon snack 120 (Japanese onigiri) and dinner of half a grilled chicken breast, a head of broccoli, and a half of a baked potato (nothing on top of either)

Quote:
Personally, I prefer a more gentle diet plan, but then, I don't have a paragliding adventure deadline.
... and there in lies the motivation. We leave in a few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Me too, but it is taking a long time.
I read on the net the other day someone mentioning that they were very happy that after three years of going to the gym three times a week that they had lost 12 pounds. For 'me,' I would have given up after the first three months if I saw that sort of feedback. I don't know what they were doing as exercise, but I do know that when I was going to a health club for a short while last year I saw a LOT of people sitting on stationary bicycles, reading books while gently pedaling along. This past month, when I was exercising I was working so hard I wouldn't even be able to play with my mental blocks, much less keep my head so still as to be able to focus my eyes on printed matter. The only time I stood still long enough was when I stopped to take a photograph, because while I was exercising I was carrying the extra weight of a sling pack with heavy camera and lenses.

I worked at it. I didn't screw around. I wanted to fly. I needed to lose weight and re-build my leg muscles. I wanted to lose weight and re-build my leg muscles. So I did lose weight and re-build my leg muscles. (Odd though... you'd think for flying I'd need to build my arm muscles...) See you all when we get back next week!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote