View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
Iocane
Iocane can extract oil from cheeseIocane can extract oil from cheeseIocane can extract oil from cheeseIocane can extract oil from cheeseIocane can extract oil from cheeseIocane can extract oil from cheeseIocane can extract oil from cheeseIocane can extract oil from cheeseIocane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600
Automatically tag based on column info?

The short question is basically what it says in the title. Can Calibre automatically tag, or edit a custom column to a given listing based on information from another column. Not simply copying, which seems to be what "Column built from other columns" is for.

Longer explaination: I use the page count plug ins and I would like to split my books roughly by size. I.e. 10 pages or less, Micro, 10-25 pages, Tiny and so on. I'd like to have a Story Size column that set itself automatically to the size of the story based on the number of pages. So if the Page count column is updated to 17 pages, the Story Size column automatically sets itself to Tiny.

Is this at all possible? If so, is it something one of you kindly souls would be willing to talk me through?

(I hope this is the right forum, if not, my apologies!)
Iocane is offline   Reply With Quote