View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #82
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by myle00 View Post
How would I close the app without clicking back a hundred times? Is there an app that acts like a task bar? I saw some people recommending here Advanced task something, I've read somewhere that it slowed other people's devices down. Is this the case for anyone here?

Also, do I need an anti virus? I'm really concerned about who has access to what. I'm installing browsers, email clients and other apps and I have no idea how those apps use my data. Is there some kind of data control software that can be used to control this? I feel like an 100 year old person seeing some new technology and feeling completely not in control Lucky we don't have GPS on this or I would have been really worried.
You need to install a task killer to be able to close apps. Since Android is designed for smartphones, the apps always stay open and you need to kill the process to close it. Advanced Task Killer is the one I would recommend.

Since it is based on Linux, there is no need for an anti-virus for now. However, there are exploits so you need to be careful about what you download. There is one nasty exploit that use the Android web browser so the best thing would be to disable javascripts in the browser and use another browser such as Dolphin or Opera Mini.

Hope it helps!
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote