View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 12:34 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Cluster View Post
Well maybe not so much the rendering on screen but the formatting for the renderer is done by it from what I have read.
Sorry, I didn't express myself very well. You're right - ADE does do all the rendering. What I meant was that you don't have to pay Adobe their large fee if all you want is ePub rendering, because ePub is very easy to render, being HTML-based. The reason that a company licences ADE from Adobe is to be able to use DRM-protected books, which (other than B&N) all use Adobe's encryption technology.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote