View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #47
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess89 View Post
Just saw the instructions for rooting the NC using Windows and ... I think I'll wait to see what the B&N update has to offer. Without 3G access, I really only want one or two android apps anyway. I'm hoping B&N won't be unnecessarily stingy with what they'll allow on the device. I get that they don't want to compete with other tablets but that doesn't mean they need to limit their own.
From NOOKDeveloper FAQs:

What type of applications should I create?

NOOKcolor opens up a whole new world of digital reading experiences allowing you to build upon Barnes & Nobleʼs open eReading ecosystem in a variety of ways, beyond the printed word:

• Enrich book content with reference material, audio, photos, videos, Web links, plug-ins, and more to help readers get more out of their books.
• Extend book content with applications from cooking to travel to science and nature, helping readers further explore their interests.
• Expand beyond reading with word games, puzzles, and more when readers want to take a break from a favorite book or magazine.

Can you give me examples of the types of applications you are looking for?

Millions of book lovers are ready for engaging content and innovative applications that relate to their reading experience. Here are a few examples to serve as idea starters:

• Reference: dictionaries, thesaurus, atlas and encyclopedias.
• Education: “how to” guides, language learning, childrenʼs learning and exploring and vocabulary builders.
• Hobbies & Interests: travel, cooking, food & wine, home & garden, science & nature, history, geography, and others.
-*‐ Travel aids and tools, phrase books, destination companions, recipe tools, ingredient information, knowledgebases, and wine and book club pairings.
• Productivity: reading library stats, note-taking tools, sharing tools, journaling and book club organizers.
• Games: word, puzzle, brain-teasers, trivia, board, card and casual games.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote