View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 07:58 PM   #20
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'm happy Gutenberg exists, but the files are a mess.
OMG, don't get me going.

You can't even get a clean volume of Shakespeare. They generate a TOC based on <h1-6> of files that are all formatted differently. I handmade a TOC so that at least you could find stuff. Gutenberg wasn't interested as it didn't conform to their work flow.

Their latest standard is that the title and the author's name appear as two separate levels in the TOC. (The example is trimmed for clarity.)

Code:
  <navMap>
    <navPoint>
      <navLabel>
        <text>Moby-Dick</text>
      </navLabel>
    </navPoint>
    <navPoint>
      <navLabel>
        <text>or,</text>
      </navLabel>
    </navPoint>