View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
HFC3
Enthusiast
HFC3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I've added the following template to my Plugboards; All Formats/All Devices : {series_index:0>2s|v| - }{title} for Dest Field "title"

I've also added the following to my save to device template: {author_sort}/{series:||}/{series_index:0>2s|v| - }{title} ({author_sort})

The save {filename} to device works on 100% of the files. No errors, not even a hickup.

The title plugboard, however, only works on about 80% of the files! 20% of the books that are part of a series did NOT get the "v## - " prefix added to their title.

Oddly, even the incorrect results aren't consistent;
* Three times it used a format {series}:{title} (where ":" is a literal). The rest of the time, it just uses {title}. And, the three that had the{series}:{title} were only 3 of 4 in a series - #4 transferred with only {title}. All 4 of those books were the same format; azw

* I checked to see if the incorrect titles were for books with a corresponding ZIPX file - some were, some weren't.

* I checked to see if the incorrect titles were for books were DRM locked - again, some were, some weren't.

* I did verify that the book type being transferred is in Calibre (EPUB, MOBI, PDF, AZW). Again, most of the other books of the same formats transferred with the updated title without a problem, but some didn't.

I verified that there was only one file available for transfer to the device (a Kindle). I even re-did the transfer manually transferred specific format.

The only other thing I could think of checking those books with "original" titles that contained a "-" (since this template adds " - " for those in a Series). Every one of those transferred correctly.

Nothing I can find shows any common characteristic in all the books were or were not transferred correctly.

Any ideas on where I should look now?
HFC3 is offline   Reply With Quote